Friday, April 22, 2011

Flashback Friday

One of our very first family photos. That is a 1 day old Beanlet right there.

It's amazing how much things have changed in these short (almost) 2 years.

In this photo:
Toby was working at a gas station, making just above minimum wage.
We were living with my parents.
We drove a 1993 Mercury Sable. (Seriously though, that was the worlds best crappy car)
I wasn't legal to drink.
We were brand new parents!
We had yet to celebrate our 1st anniversary.

But you know what, we were happy. Were things going exactly to plan? No. Certainly not. But, we did our best, and we were so so so very happy. My life has been so amazingly filled with love since the day Ian was born.

Things have changed so much since that day. If you would have asked me if I would have planned to have another child by now, I never would have said yes. But with a lot of hard work, and a lot of grace from God, we have been able to make it to such a wonderful place in life. We all finally feel like we're exactly where we are supposed to be. And that feel ohsogood.

I never imagined that we would love being a family as much as we have. I knew that we would love and care for Ian, but I never knew just what the meant until we actually did it. We have both found that we love parenting. We love being Mom and Dad. And having Ian has done nothing but make our marriage stronger and more filled with love and respect.

I'm so happy with life. My life. Our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment