Thursday, April 21, 2011

It's time for an update.

I feel like lately I haven't had the time to write about things as they happen. And I certainly haven't had the time to share all of the little things. Mostly it's because I started back to school after my wonderful quarter off and I have just been getting back into the swing of things.

So, let's start with Ian;


He's getting big, way too big. I feel like he has really been developing like crazy over these last few months. He already had a large vocabulary, but it seems like he is really grasping the idea of really being able to communicate what he is thinking. He lets me know when he wants/needs something, and sometimes he even *tries* to tell me about his day. He will randomly speak a couple words about something that he really enjoyed doing earlier in the day. He has also taken up calling people "nut". As in "You're a nut!". It's pretty much the cutest thing that I've ever seen.


He's starting to really enjoy eating as well. He has been eating lots of turkey. Ungodly amounts of turkey. He's getting taller (still!) and he's sleeping in a big boy bed. He is also taking a large amount of interest in Vanessa-Kate's things as they start to fill up the house. He likes to hug all of her things and lovingly say "Baaabbby". He gives her lots of kisses at night and tells her "Hiiiiiiiiii!" in the morning. He's going to make a wonderful big brother. I can't wait to see it in action.

And now onto Vanessa-Kate/Pregnancy;

Things are going smoothly. I had my regularly scheduled OB appointment (with my amazingly wonderful and sweet new doctor) today. The first surprise..? I passed my gestational diabetes test with flying colors! This is truly a miracle since I had GD with Ian and 85% or more of women who have GD once will have it again with all of the following pregnancies. My OB says that most of this is due to my wonderful weight gain, or lack thereof. I've been watching my diet closely and taking care of myself well.

The next thing that she checked was my cervix. I know that 25 weeks is early to check, but I dilated very early and fast with Ian, and I also had a long week full of contractions last week. But, thank the lord, my cervix is completely closed. No signs of early labor here! Keep cooking baby girl!

Lastly, she had a beautiful heartbeat of over 150 bpm. I have another appointment scheduled in 3 weeks and then we move to appointments every 2 weeks! Wow! This pregnancy is flying by. I'm getting more and more excited to meet her. It's all really sinking in. Maybe it's because my house is filled with little girl stuff. =)

Lastly a Family/General Update;

I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but Toby got an awesome promotion. We are so very proud of him. This promotion is a really great step forward for our family. He has worked really hard for it.

We've gone "healthy" in our house. We've been eating well, with lots of organic foods, fruits and veggies, whole grains, lean meats, almond milk, tofu, and lots of other good stuff. Tobys only rule? We still have to buy white bread. Our house is filled with healthy foods and a lousy loaf of $1.00 Kroger-Brand white bread. I suppose that we'll survive.

Also, we're finally prepared to buy another car. As soon as we find one that we actually want to buy.

Other than that, I've been keeping very busy with school. I'm a big idiot who thought that taking Mircoeconomics and Macroeconomics (two classes that I loathe) during the same quarter would be smart. Riiight. So if you don't hear from me much, that is why. I've most likely passed out in a pile of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment