Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Good News!

Good News Everyone!
Our ultrasound today at the Maternal-Fetal Medicine department could not have gone any better. We have a perfectly healthy baby gummy hopping around in my belly... and NO placenta problems what.so.ever.

The high risk doctor explained to us that sometimes ultrasounds, especially early ultrasounds, are sometimes misread by radiologists. He said that Radiologists can read all sorts of pictures that he wouldn't be able to like hearts and lungs. But he knows ultrasounds and what they should look like in the different stages of pregnancy. It turns out that what was being misinterpreted as swelling was actually a yolk sac and something else (I was too excited to actually pay attention) that simply has not fused together yet, which is perfectly healthy. They generally do not fuse together until between 13-16 weeks anyway.

As for the bleeding, it is left unexplained. But it is certainly not effecting the baby or the health of the pregnancy at this point. He says that it is most likely only cervical bleeding which does not effect the baby/pregnancy.

In light of such good news, I have decided to do a new "Thirty Days" post. Each day will have a different theme. It's actually something I picked up from a very cool facebook friend of mine and I thought it would be fun to do on my blog. It will help you all to learn a little more about me, and it will be a fun thing for me to do.

Day 01 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.
Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been close with for awhile.
Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show.
Day 04 - A picture of your night.
Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory.
Day 06 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day.
Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item.
Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh.
Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.
Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most fed up things with.
Day 11 - A picture of something you hate.
Day 12 - A picture of something you love.
Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist.
Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without.
Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die.
Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you.
Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.
Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity.
Day 19 - A picture of you when you were little.
Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel.
Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget.
Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at.
Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book.
Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change.
Day 25 - A picture of your day.
Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you.
Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member.
Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of.
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile.
Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss.

So for tonight: Day One:

1. I was named after the show BeWitched (Tabatha). As was my father (Darrin).
2. I've attended 3 colleges/universities.
3. I have never broken any bones.
4. The color purple makes me very happy.
5. I can't help but to turn up the radio, sing at the top of my lungs and rock out everytime a Prince song comes on.
6. I think that Reid from Criminals Minds is the most attractive man on television.
7. I've always thought that I would be willing to be a surrogate Mother for the right person.
8. It bums me out to know that I'll never buy another prom dress.
9. I'm emotional, sentimental, romantic, and sensitive.
10. I'm pro-choice, pro gay marriage, and pro socialized health care.
11. I live pretty much regret free.
12. I really wish that I could sew...or that I had the patience to learn.
13. Most of the walls in my house are painted grey.
14. I find my husband devilishly attractive.
15. I have a weirdo birthmark on my arm.

2 comments:

  1. I knew it was going to be great news. YAY! Whats up with your grey fascination?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I didn't paint them grey, they were grey when I moved in here. I've actually learned to love them though. I think I'm going to paint my living room grey when we actually buy a house!

    ReplyDelete