Monday, January 25, 2010

Mommy Guilt.

I've got a bad case of the mommy guilt.

It's unbelieveable. Now that Ian is becoming more independent, I feel horrible about letting him play by himself for too long. He'll play in his jumpy for a while, happy as can be. Then I'll look over and see that he's still happy, but I switch it up just to be sure. I'll take him out and lay him on the ground for tummy time. He'll happily play with his toys. After a while I'll pick him up and try to play with him and he just gives me this look like "Why in the hell did you pick me up, I was enjoying my toys!" And that's where the mommy guilt comes in.

He's happy, but that's not good enough for me. I feel like if I'm not constantly entertaining him, I'm a bad mommy. I can't bring myself to believe otherwise. Toby insists that I'm crazy, but I just don't feel right.

The poor kid probally thinks I'm a basketcase already. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment