Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's been a while...

I need to do this a little more often. *sigh*

Time is flying by. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was laying in my bed, rubbing my hand across my swollen belly, just waiting on a kick. And now, here we are. My baby is almost 6 months old. Half a year. I feel like time has just kicked it into hight gear.

I've been getting really emotional about these things lately. I keep finding myself crying over every song on the radio that has anything to do with babies, or growing up too fast. "It won't be like this for long" gets me everytime. I literally have a breakdown. I even cried over the Pampers commericial with all the sleeping babies in it last week. And baby shows, like "Deliver Me" are the worst. When I was pregnant I got excited when the baby first came. I would think to myself "I can't wait until that moment!" but that was about it. Now, I start crying hysterically. It's like I feel all of the things that I was too shaken up to feel when Ian was born. I was too shocked to feel all of the love that I had for him. I was scared. But when I see other babies be born, I feel everything I wish I could have felt at that moment.

I think I may finally be ready to write my "birth story".

I can't stop thinking about Ian's birth lately. I just keep replaying it in my head. Over and over.


Our first moments together.


Ian today, in his new big boy car seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment