Saturday, January 14, 2012

A letter to my son:

Lately I've been thinking about how much I miss having "Mommy & Ian time". All of our time used to be that kind of time. While Daddy was at work, it was the two of us; hanging out at home watching cartoons, going grocery shopping, snuggling in bed waiting for Daddy to come home, hanging out in Mamal and Papal's backyard playing...it was all Mommy & Ian time.

Your sister is so wonderful. She is so sweet and lovable. We wouldn't trade her for the world, and we know you wouldn't either, because she is "your baby". You love her so much, it's so sweet. But sometimes I wish that you and I could spend some Mommy & Ian time still. I think we should do that. We'll make a day of it, every once in a while. Just me and you.

You are such a special kid, and you're growing up so fast. You talk in sentences, and come up with your own thoughts, feelings, ideas...even jokes. But sometimes I forget that you're still a baby. You are only two years old. You're still my baby.

I'm so glad that you're not in a rush to get big. You still want my cuddles every night. You still want to hold my hand all of the time. You even like it when I wrap you up real tight in a blanket and say "Aw...it's a baby Ian". You just smile and say "Yes, I is Mommy's baby Ian".

Thank you for all of the love and happiness that you have brought into my life. You're my sweet pea.

No comments:

Post a Comment