Friday, September 23, 2011

Some wise words about natural childbirth.

I stumbled across this on the bump this morning. Someone said this is what their Mother had always told them about childbirth. It really just kind of jumped out at me. My natural birth experience was so amazing, it's hard to imagine that I was so afraid of the entire idea of a med-free birth before I actually did it. I truely didn't believe I could do it. But these words nicely sum up the simplicity of it all:

The female body knows how to get pregnant.

The female body knows how to be pregnant.

The female body knows how to get out of being pregnant.

If you are considering a natural birth, know that it's perfectly normal to freak out a little bit, and to think that you may not be able to do it. But chances are, you can. I'm not the pushy type about it though. I have no judgement towards those who choose not to go naturally. Do your thing. It's all good. But I highly encourage those who are not considering natural child birth simply because of fear to take a couple of moments to just stop and believe in themselves. You'd be amazed at what you can do when you let yourself try.

No comments:

Post a Comment