Saturday, September 10, 2011

Baby's First: Smiles,

“The smile that flickers on baby's lips when he sleeps- does anybody know where it was borne? Yes, there is a rumor that a young pale beam of a crescent moon touched the edge of a vanishing autumn cloud, and there the smile was first born . . . .”

My baby girl can SMILE!
At 7 weeks old, my baby girl has begun to smile. She already has such a bright and beautiful smile. And she flashes it at just the right times. I'll just be sitting there looking and her and she will look right up and me and just smiiiilee so big. Though, she does tend to give Daddy smiles more often that Mommy.
I've forgotten how exciting the baby "firsts" are. Ian still has his first moments, but there's just something different about babies. They learn so much over the first year. The changes are just amazing. When Ian was a baby, I feel like I just "couldn't wait" for him to do they next thing; smile, hold a toy, roll over, sit up, babble, eat his first solids, crawl, walk, drink from a sippy cup. But this time, I'm savoring each moment of it. I wish that I wouldn't have been so excited for Ian to grow up so fast. I should have sat back and drank in his baby months. I felt the same way about this past pregnancy. Instead of wishing it away, I enjoyed it. I guess there is just a new wisdom that comes with the second time.
I'm enjoying watching Vanessa-Kate grow. She's such a sweet and special baby. I never dreamed that the transition from one child to two children would come so naturally. Everything in life just feels right. I feel like I'm right where I need to be right now. Such a peaceful feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment