Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A long and busy weekend.

Friday morning we all woke up and walked down to the diner to get breakfast. Ian loves to diner because it's the one place that he gets to sit in the booth all by himself like a big boy (no booster or high chair), the seats are shiny and glittery, and they bring him giant plates of delicious fries. Plus, he makes lots of friends there. It's a great little hometown place, even if the poor poor sign above the entrance says "Main St. Cafe : Family Dinning". Thankfully, Ian cannot read yet.

Then after Daddy headed off to work we did the laundry. Then we drove to the other side of town to go the The Flower Factory to look for some baby stuff. If you've never been there, you should go. It's wholesale, and it's darn cheap. You can score some amazing housewares and decor there for next to nothing.

While we were out shopping we got the call that we would be able to attend my little brother's high school graduation. He goes to a technical school (he's in the building trades program) and they only get 4 tickets to graduation. So those tickets naturally went to my parents, his fiance Jessi, and his son Aiden. But at the last minute we came across some extras. Grandma, Ian, and I made the 1.5 hour trip from the west side of Columbus to Newark in less than 45 minutes just to make it on time. Sitting on the bleachers nearly killed my pregnant ass, but I was happy to be there. School has been such a struggle for Joel all of his life, even moreso since the challenges of becoming a parent almost 2 years ago. We were all so happy for him when he walked across the stage. He was happy too.

Afterwards we all went out to dinner together at Tumbleweed. Deep. Fried. Corn. Mmm.

Then on Saturday we spent family time. Toby, Ian, and I lounged around the house until about 1:30. It was amazing to just re-lax. Then we decided to take Ian to get some frozen custard at Whit's (the most amazing custard ever) and he enjoyed it immensely. He got to eat his own big boy cone by himself. He looked so big. I can't believe how big he has grown. Also, I have never seen a vanilla cone bring anyone so much friggen' joy in my life. He kept laughing out loud and smiling. It dripped all down his chest. We decided that we would have to take him home and bathe him before heading to the park. Melted dairy products covering his body mixed with 85 degree weather at the park would be a nasty combo.

Then after he was all cleaned up, it was off to the park. He played, and he played, and he played. He made Daddy push him on the swings, and he climbed the ladder to the slide all by himself. By the time we made it back home, Daddy and I were exhausted from the walk. I told him that it was acceptable for me to be out of shape, because at least I can blame it on being 31 weeks pregnant. He's a skinny man. He has no excuse. =)

Did you know that sticking you lip out and throwing your arms makes you run really really super fast?

So we ordered some pizza. (Yes, fries, ice cream, and pizza all in one post. It was a healthy weekend, okay?). We spent the rest of the evening hanging out at home. It was a wonderful day. Seriously.

Sunday we had family pictures/maternity pictures done. Ian didn't cooperate well at all. But we got a couple of good ones. Not thrilled with them though.

Then we finished off the day by eating at BJ's Brewhouse, and with a little bit of shopping at Old Navy. We walked out with a new maternity tank top, a v-neck shirt for Toby, and a "big brother" t-shirt for Ian for $14. Yay for Memorial Day Sales eh?

Toby spent the rest of the night hanging out with his friend Mario here at home, while Ian and I cuddled in bed and watched television. Ian started running a fever and getting sick. So we holed up in the bedroom (the only place with a.c.) and watched Sister Wives. He was sick enough that he didn't care what was on the tv. He just wanted cuddles. I felt horrible that he was sick, but the cuddles we wonderful.

Monday morning I decided one a.c. unit just for the bedroom wasn't working. I also taught Ian to say the word "pool" so that he could call Mamal and say "pooolll" over and over again so that she would feel guilty enough to open it this week. We went and bought a new a.c. Then spent the rest of the day hanging out at Toby's Mom's house. We had some truly delicious chicken and corn on the cob. Mmm, and fruit with dip. It was one of the first days that it felt like summer for real. It was a really nice day. Monday night we installed the new a.c. and it was bliss. Ian went off to my grandparents for the night. They bought him a new swing set for their back yard and he was through the roof about it. I spent the rest of the night hanging out with Toby and working on some finals for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment