Thursday, June 23, 2011

Just because.


Just because I love you.

Just because it's been 2,358 days since you became mine.

I want you to know how much you mean to me, to us.

You are my very best friend in the whole wide world.

When something funny happens, I look forward to telling you about it.

When my heart breaks, I can lean on your shoulder.

When something brings me joy, I share some with you.

6 years, 5 months, 16 days.

Doesn't it seem funny?

Remember how we used to wonder if we'd ever just be old enough to be together?

Remember how it lay in our own beds, talking on the phone for hours at night, wondering what it would be like to wake up next to each other?

(I never take waking up next to you for granted.)

Remember riding around listening to Chris Cagle in your white Plymouth Breeze?

You've been mine for 2,358 days, or 6 years, 5 months, and 16 days .

The best of my life.
Just because I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment