Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day.


Mothers Day was perfect.

Sure, I did some fun things. I got a a great gift (more on that after I take a picture of it) and we got to visit with both sides of the family. It was nice to get to spend time both of our Mother's and some of our grandmothers today. We love them all so much and it's nice to be able to celebrate all that they have done for us over the years. Happy Mothers Day to all of you.

But you know what made it really really perfect? Ian, Ian, Ian. My little monster-man.

I guess I never understood what Mothers Day was about before now. Mother's Day, at least for me, had so very little to do with people doing things for me because I am a mother. It had everything to do with spending the last 24 hours to really step back and take a look at all of the things that I love about being a mom. Not just a mom, Ian's mom. There is no other person in this world who gets to be his Mom.

Think about it... I'm the only one he comes to when he wants his Mommy. I get the special Mommy kisses, hugs, and cuddles. No matter how much he loves anyone else, I am always his Mom. I've spent the last 24 hours thinking about how happy that makes me, and how lucky I am to receive such love. And also how lucky I am to know that I am blessed enough to have another little one filled with all of that same love on the way. I am going to a mom twice, and I am sosoverythankful for that.

I can't imagine not having children. I can't imagine what it would be like. I feel as if a hole in my heart has been filled. A hole that may have gone unnoticed had it not be filled. Becoming a mother has been the very best thing that has ever happened to me. Along with getting married to the wonderful father who helps me to be the best mother that I can be.

Over the last 24 hours I have held Ian tight, stolen extra cuddles and kisses, and taken the time to study all of his little feature while he sleeps. I can't help but think of how much bigger he will be next year at this time. And about how next year I'll have two little children to love and to cuddle.

Tonight, as the boy is cuddled up next to me, sleeping after a long hard day, I feel so very blessed.

Happy Mothers Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment