Saturday, March 26, 2011

No more C-Section!

I am very excited to say that I will (most likely) not be having a c-section. I say most likely because we are not planning to have one. But theres always the small possibility of an emergency c/s.

I met my new OB yesterday, the one who took over my old OB's practice and she was super nice. She took the time to talk to me about my concerns and she said that she 100% agrees with my feelings; that no decisions need to be made until we are in the delivery room. I should be able to deliver naturally, but if I cannot, we can change the plans. But theres no real reason to go ahead and schedule a c/s. Scorrrrreeee!

I also relived that I like her so much because that means that I get to stay at Licking Memorial for delivery. I really didn't want to have to change hospitals, so that's a big relief. I like the idea of a smaller hospital for a lot of reasons. It's more personal, I'm comfortable there (I had Ian there, my Mom & Grandma had their recent surgeries there, I had my surgery in September '10 there...) and it's easier for most of our family. Plus, I don't have to switch offices.

We also discussed my gestational diabetes. She said that compared to my charts from last pregnancy, my weight gain looks tremendous. I still haven't technically gained any weight. I'm 2 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight, however I lost quite a bit in the first trimester. But, I've been keeping myself in check. Hopefully that means a lot less issues with blood sugar this time. She also gave me the final push I needed to get a YMCA membership. I need regular physical activity. The only downside? If I end up needing medication to control my GD, I will not be able to take glyburide this time. Glyburide is a pill. There is new research that says it gives people a lot of troubles. So, if I need medication, I will be on insulin. I do. not. want. insulin. I like giving blood too much. If I am given insulin even once I will never be able to give blood again. =( That breaks my heart. So I'm going to do all that I can to stay med-free!

...and that's my super-duper update.

No comments:

Post a Comment