Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sleep.

You know what I have always found to be one of the sweetest things in the world? That last moment right before a baby falls asleep. So many times I have stroked Ian's face as he fell asleep and watched his little eyes bat open and closed, until he finally fell into that sweet slumber that only babies seem to be able to fall into.

So many times I have sat and wondered if I would remember that forever. I want to. I never want to forget how sweet it was, and how much I cherished it. So, today as we were sitting on the couch, getting ready to take a nap, I realized that the laptop was sitting open next to us. So I turned on the camera.

Now I can cherish that moment forever and ever, even if my memory can't recall all of the details.
Sleep child of mine, as the stars shine above, I love you as much, as a Mother can love.

No comments:

Post a Comment