Friday, September 24, 2010

Flashback Friday.

Flashback Friday, Tiny little Ian and Aidens. These pictures were taken on the first day that Ian came home from the hospital. I just remember how my heart melted when I saw those tiny little boys cuddle up against each other in that tiny swing for the first time. They leaned into each other just like they had always known each other, like they were twins. It was in that moment that I knew that they would have a special bond.

It's amazing how tiny and new they look. Look how tiny their little baby legs are. I remember that Ian's feet and legs were so thin that the little infant sized booties that came with that outfit kept sliding right off. Not that I minded, because I loved stroking his little baby feet. Aiden would have been less than 3 weeks old here, and Ian was 3 days old. Aiden is on the left, Ian is on the right, just in case you couldn't tell. I couldn't fit one of those boys in that swing now, even if I folded him in half, and yet, look, and both of them resting so peacefully together.
And this second picture tugs at my heartstrings as well. Their sleeping faces just look so peaceful. They really look like tiny doll babies resting in my grandmas arms. She was so happy to be holding them both. They are such lucky little boys; surrounded by so much love and joy since they were born. There wasn't a soul who could look at them without smiling.
They have both grown into such smart, big, fun, cute little boys. It's hard to imagine that they were ever so tiny and new. I love you boys. I hope that you can always continue to share the special bond that you had on that day.

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are seriously adorable in every way. So snuggly and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete