Sunday, September 5, 2010

Babyless.

Tonight, I am babyless.

We went to the grocery store, and while we were there we talked with some friends and decided to get together this evening. So, since we were already in town we asked my grandparents if they would like to watch the bean. They, of course, said yes, since they spoil him rotten constantly. '

So we came home, met up with some friends and cracked open a couple of Sam Adams. We are big fans of Sam Adams, and we were particulary excited about having some Octoberfest. Then we broke into the Pumpkin Spice, which was also delicious. However, after about 2.5 beers, I was done. It's hard to be away from Ian.

It's funny how much I look forward to being able to let loose, relax, have a few drinks and have a good time. Then when it really happens...all I want to do is cuddle my Ian. I wish that he were here, even though I am sure that he is having all sorts of fun with Grandma and Grandpa. They love to spoil him, and shower him with kisses and good snacks that Mommy doesn't usually let them have. They were always my favorite people to go visit. I spent a large part of my childhood at their house, sitting on little tykes chairs around the coffee table, eating McDonalds chicken nuggets, putting on plays in the toy room, and going on late night Meijer trips with Grandma.

I also find myself regretting spending the few bits of alone time that Toby and I get. A couple of weeks ago Ian was gone for the night, and we spent the whole time together, just the two of us. I really enjoyed that. I wish that we could do more of that. I love spending time with our friends, and I truly value their friendship, but I also value my marriage. It's hard to find a nice balance you know? But I really miss spending time with just my husband. I feel like I never get to hang out with just my best friend anymore.

But...the fact is, that I love my life. I love spending the majority of time with family. Toby and Ian. All in all, I feel like I am surrounded by a lot of love, and that's great.

But...I miss my bean tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment