Thursday, February 10, 2011

My husband is pregnant too.

Yep, that's right. I'm pretty sure that my husband is pregnant.

He's not getting any fatter, but he should be. Anyone who has spent a lot of time around Toby knows that he isn't big on sweets. He's always the one who easily says "No thanks" to cake and ice cream at birthday parties. He allows me to eat 90% of the Christmas cookies we get in December. He never orders dessert, even when we are somewhere fantastic like the cheesecake factory.

All of that has changed recently.

The man eats candy like there is no tomorrow. He comes home from works and describes (in detail) how delicious the cake they had for his co-workers birthday was, and how he was so glad that two different people accidentally brought him cake at his desk. He makes stops at Panera at lunch and buys pastries. He raves about their cinnamon crunch bagel with cream cheese. He hops in bed and night and eats truffles from a box of candy.

And yet, he is still a perfect 32x32 standing just over 6 foot tall. He's slim, slender, and somehow manages to maintain muscle tone. I don't get it.

And here I stand at 5'6 (because I have SHRANK an entire inch since before I was pregnant with Ian) and getting rounder by the day. I'm pretty sure I woke up rounder than I was last night when I went to sleep. (I wish I were joking, but I'm not...at all).

On the bright side, I think he has stolen my sweets craving. When I was pregnant with Ian I could eat an entire box of golden oreo's in two sittings. Pop Tarts called my name in my sleep. It was hard. I had gestational diabetes. Ian was born a very large baby. When I got pregnant again I was determined to keep my blood sugar in check, to count carbs from the very start, and to have a healthier pregnancy. Thus so far, the sweet cravings have been at a minimum. I haven't been "diagnosed" with diabetes yet this time, but my test is next week, and I'm going to fail. It's just a matter of time.

So, I guess I can't make fun of him too much. He's just doing his part in making sure that the baby is healthy by stealing all of my cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment