Saturday, October 9, 2010

When did you get so big?

Today Ian and I were sitting in the parking lot of the DMV while running my cousin around to run a few errands. I could hear him talking and playing with his books, but I couldn't see him since we still keep his carseat rear facing.

But, he sounded cute so I had to see what sort of cuteness he had got himself into. So I turned the camera on my phone, stuck my hand back over the seat, and blindly took a photo. I was half expecting it to be some big blur, a picture of the back of his head, or his hand. So, imagine my surprise when I saw this:
For some reason it just melted my heart. He just looks like such a big kid. Plus, he stopped and smiled for the camera. Do you know how rare that is for me? lol.

So, at that point, I couldn't resist his cuteness, so I climbed over the seats (yes, my incisions from the surgery feel much better!) and we had a giggle-fest for ten minutes straight. We took turns playing peek-a-boo and sitting a baby wipe on top of our heads. And then we laughed, and laughed, and laughed. I was laughing so hard that he just had to laugh everytime he looked at me. And his little laugh only made me laugh even harder.

Then he finally calmed down once he got a hold my hair brush. Then he did the sweetest thing. He took his hand, and gently laid my head down on the edge of his carseat, and he brushed my hair.

*sigh*

It was a good day to be Ian's Mommy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's just precious! So sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! He is big! They grow so fast, don't they?

    ReplyDelete