Friday, July 30, 2010

Being Mom.

I get it.

I'm the mom.

My needs don't come first.

But does that mean that they always have to come last?

I guess I'm just having one of those days. I've been feeling nauseous since the night before last. We came out from going out with some friends, I got sick, tried to go to bed, but ended up staying up until 4 am because I felt so icky. Ian got up earlier than normal yesterday morning and I was dragging ass all. day.

But, things had to be done. I started cleaning, and I cleaned all day long. I scrubbed the bath tub, I shampooed the carpets, I did a bizillion (and ten) loads of laundry...by the time Toby got home I was dying. All I wanted to do was go to my bedroom, lay down and watch a little tv, and call it an early night for once. I'm always the last one to bed. I had been feeling so sick that I didn't think it would be a big deal to cut out early for the night and leave the boy with Toby.

Turns out I was wrong.

Toby came home last night and wanted to play videos games. Which is normally not a big deal. So I let him play for a while and then said "Hun, I'm really not feeling good, I'd like to lay down and watch some tv". He was like "Well, okay...but I've really been looking forward to playing video games and just relaxing tonight".

I was too tired to argue or talk. So I just said "okay". Took care of Ian, and went to bed.

Then today I wake up, and I have no car. We have two cars, but for the week, we only have one. I have told Toby several times this week that I needed to have the car on friday. He said okay every time. Well, he forgot. Guess I don't need to go to any of the 1000 important places I needed to go today.

He's a great guy, and most of the time he's nothing but sweet, supportive, and understanding. But...I don't know. Sometimes I just wish he could be in my place.

...and Ian just spilled apple juice all down my leg. Excellent.

3 comments:

  1. I found you on the nest boards. Love your son's name by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's funny because I hardly ever post on the nest, mostly just the bump. I was just really bored last night, but I enjoyed it.

    And thank you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I meant the bump. Im hardly on it as well but happened to see your son's name and I stopped by your blog.

    ReplyDelete