Thursday, July 15, 2010

30 Days.

As of today, there are only 30 days until my little mans 1st birthday. It's so strange to think of what I was doing this time last year. I was only 30 days away from holding him for the first time. I was already 4-5 cm dilated thinking that any moment would be "the moment". Little did I know I would go to term and have a very long, painful, terrifying delivery. (all of which was totally worth it!)

But sometimes I still miss my pregnant belly. It gave me confidence in myself. I was proud of my body for the first time in a long time. I was proud of everything it stood for and everything it was doing for my baby boy. Carrying him made me feel like I was on top of the world. A pregnant woman can accomplish anything, I swear!
37 weeks

However, now the cute baby bump is gone and I am left with fatness and zebra stripes. I told Toby just last night that I was a fat zebra. He was quite shocked. He said that he thought I was just a "white woman" when he married me. If he had known that I was a fat zebra he would have seconded guessed himself. So I got down on all fours (as a zebra would do) and showed him. He said that he guessed he could see it.

Anywho, so, I am going to take these next 30 days to whip my fat zebra ass into shape. I PROMISE to start walking every. single. day. And to eat more salads and less cookies. You are my witness. I want to be a positive, healthy image for Ian to grow up with. Of course looking smokin' hot again wouldn't be too bad either.

See that skinny bitch on the right, that was me (and my that's my Momma!)

So, current weight, 175. Goal weight, 140. 30 day goal, 12 lbs.

I don't think 12 lbs is a lot to lose when you first start out, I don't expect the rest to come off super quickly or anything. I understand that these things take time. But I need to do this for myself. I really do.

On a happier note, look at the adorable thing that my son did in
Walmart today. How did I even find a baby this cute?

He is too. darn. cute.

Ah, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment